POWERADE® 2017 Power Your School Video/Essay Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The POWERADE® 2017 Power Your School Video/Essay Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 13 years old at the time of entry. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. The Contest is open for videos and essays. The prizes are intended to be allocated to schools by state based upon relative population, as set forth in Appendix A, below. Sponsor reserves the right to allocate the prizes differently if participation or quality of videos and essays is not sufficient to allocate as planned.
2. Sponsor: The Coca-Cola Company, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on June 28, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on September 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: There are 2 ways to enter the Contest, with a video or with an essay.
During the Contest Period, visit www.POWERADE.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including a valid home address (no PO. Boxes) and the location of the nominated school. You may optionally provide the name and contact information for the appropriate party at the school who will be responsible for accepting the prize, if your entry is selected as a winner. If you do not provide this information upon registration, you will be required to provide it later, if the school is selected. Then, follow the links and instructions to upload a video at least 2 minutes long or an essay at least 300 words long that demonstrates why you feel your school needs or deserves to receive one of the prizes in this Contest (video or essay is your "Submission”). If you do so during the Contest Period and if your Submission is approved, it will be considered for a prize in the Contest.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you have permission from any person or persons included in your Submission to use their image, voice, story or other content as part of this Contest. Also be sure the school you nominate is aware and willing and able to accept the prize if awarded.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Content Restrictions.
- The Submission must be the entrant’s original work;
- The Submission must not feature material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any party or competitor of Sponsor;
- The Submission must not feature brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor or the nominated school’s logo, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must meet the minimum length requirements stated above and must not exceed 5 minutes for a video Submission or 1,000 words for an essay Submission;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
By uploading a video or an essay to the website during the Contest Period, you agree that you are providing consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, whether in connection with the Contest or otherwise. Each entrant must have permission from all individuals who appear or who are mentioned in the Submission (if any) or participated in the creation of the Submission to use their name, voice, and/or likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
NOTE: Sponsor reserves the right to edit, crop, blur, or otherwise revise any Submission to remove or obscure any logos or other content that may be of concern to Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Limit: Each participant may enter the Contest up to one time per day during the Contest Period, regardless of format or combination of formats of entry (videos or essays). You may nominate more than one school, but only nominate a school one time. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Submissions by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of email address used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person associated with the email address used to enter. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will judge all eligible Contest Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Creativity/Originality (30%);
- Fit to the Theme of School Need (40%);
- Incorporation of POWERADE® in the Contest Submission (10%) and
- Quality of Submission (20%).
On or about October 17, 2017, Sponsor will select the highest-scoring Submissions for each state (see expected allocation in Appendix A) as the potential winners of the prizes for each state. In the event of a tie between any Submissions for a particular state’s prize, the entrant whose tied Submission received the highest score for “Fit to the Theme of School Need,” as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable potential prize winner for that state’s prize. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of Contest winners in total, or a different number for a state, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number or quality of eligible and qualified Submissions for the state or overall.
7. Winner Requirements: The potential winners will be notified by the Sponsor via email, mail, or phone. Each potential winner must provide a contact at the applicable school (if he or she has not done so already) and must follow all prize claim instructions within the requested time frame or his or her school will forfeit the applicable prize. Once a potential winner receives information about claiming his/her prize, he/she has 10 days to respond with the required information or his or her school will forfeit the prize.
The representative of each potential winner’s school will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release form ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within 30 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to agree to accept the applicable prize. If a potential winner or the school representative for any prize cannot be contacted, fails to respond or to sign and return the Declaration (if applicable), or provide any other requested information within the required time period, is disqualified for any reason, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner’s school forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner or school is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to a runner-up, in its sole discretion, based on the judging process above.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s and each school representative’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s or school’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information, whether in connection with the Contest or otherwise, for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission (including permission from any persons who participated in the creation of the Submission) or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner and each school shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 12 - 14 weeks after the school is confirmed.
500 GRAND PRIZES (allocated as set forth in Appendix A): A check for $2,000 that the winning school may use for the school’s athletic program. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $2,000 per check. There is no prize for the person who created the Submission.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Winning schools are responsible for all taxes and fees, if any, associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 prize per school.
9. Release: By participating and/or by receipt of any prize, each participant, winner, school representative, and school agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Coca-Cola bottlers, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of attempt to enter or participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims received during the Contest Period.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a list of major prize winners, visit http://bit.ly/2lYKdRO. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
Number of 2,000 prizes